This salad is a salad that I always serve when we celebrate Christmas in July or June or August or whenever. However, it would be good whenever you need a fresh and crunchy addition to any meal. It also makes a great addition to a potluck dinner like your annual Christmas party though for that occasion you want to at least double the recipe.
Here's the recipe. Enjoy!
Marinated Snow Pea and Cherry Tomato Salad RecipeFrom Culinary Favorites From A to Z
1/4 lb. snow or sugar snap peas (ends trimmed if required)
1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/2 cup water chestnuts sliced (we like ours cut in half)
1/4 cup green onions sliced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
So easy. Just prepare your vegetables first, slicing as indicated. Our water chestnuts come in a can, pre-sliced. Blanch the peas for about 2 minutes in boiling water. Drain, rinse immediately with cold water and drain again. Add the tomatoes, chestnuts and green onions.
For the marinade, mix the last four ingredients together and pour this mixture over your vegetables. Toss gently and chill until supper time at which time you simply drain the vegetables and serve.
in the kitchen!
More Snow Pea Recipes
- Chinese Snow Peas, Cauliflower And Water Chestnut Salad Recipe From Cooks.com
An interesting salad with snow peas, cauliflower and water chestnuts.
- Zucchini and Snow Pea Salad From Epicurious
Epicurious shares a snow pea salad with snow peas and zucchini, calling it a summery and light salad, too.
- Crisp Snow Pea Salad Recipe from GroupRecipes.com
Chefelaine on GroupRecipes calls this a refreshing salad and recommends serving it with grilled salmon or chicken.
- Snow Pea, Scallion and Radish Salad from Fine Cooking
The folks at Fine Cooking share how to make a salad from snow peas, scallions and radish.
- Cat Cora's Asparagus and Snow Pea Salad Recipe From Oprah.com
Oprah Winfrey's guest Cat Cora shares a delicious salad of asparagus and snow peas.
- Pasta Salad with Feta and Snow Peas Recipe From Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart's pasta salad with snow peas and feat sounds intriguing, too.
- Snow Pea art print shown here is by David Wagner and available from Allposters by clicking here.
More Cherry Tomato Recipes
- Chickpea, Cherry Tomato, and Feta Salad Recipe From Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart shares a nutritious chickpea, cherry tomato and feta salad recipe.
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe From Martha Stewart
This Martha Stewart recipe looks simple and delicious.
- Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe from Allrecipes.com
All Recipes shares the simplest cherry tomato salad going in which cherry tomatoes are the only stars!
- Cherry Tomato Salad from Epicureselections.com
This cherry tomato salad from Epicure has a Mexican feel.
- Cherry Tomato Salad from Food and Wine
Another simple sounding recipe, Food and Wine shares this one for their cherry tomato salad.
Author's Note: This recipe originally published elsewhere in 2011.